Engage students in learning about the Environment through Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
The UL Innovative Education Award
A first-of-its-kind initiative designed to invest up to US $250,000 annually in environmental and STEM learning, sustainable communities, and youth empowerment.
Jan 23 - Mar 12, 2019
Non-profit programs serving K-12 school age children in US and Canada with an organizational budget of $3 million or less.
Innovative programs must either:
- Use environmental education to engage youth in STEM learning
- Use STEM approaches to address environmental challenges
Total Prize Money Awarded
- $100,000 Grand Prize
- Two $50,000 Tier Two Prizes
- Two $25,000 Tier Three Prizes
- Membership in the ULIEA network, a community of innovative and powerful leaders
- UL Employees' Expertise
- Volunteer hours and resources to support winning projects and organizations